Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or air.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Longmont and keeping payments down.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power charges down.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in newer AC systems is a huge plus in keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the best way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a few other things to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 303-647-5749 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the best product for your space. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.