Spring is great for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your utility bill is usually at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are some tips for saving energy in Longmont and keeping payments down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power expenses down.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in newer AC systems is a huge benefit for keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a few other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 303-647-5749 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right fit for your space. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.