4 Tips for Saving Energy in Longmont This Summer
Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your power bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heat or air.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power charges down.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a huge advantage for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can do several other approaches to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your house cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and correct the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the correct fit for your home. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have transformed home comfort and made it possible to stay perfectly comfortable in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems provide a handy way to control the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to increase your home’s comfort than with easy and effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about maximizing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Find a Suitable HVAC System
In terms of keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more important than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision influences your daily comfort, monthly utility expenses and all-around home efficiency. Then again, with so... Continue reading