Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your AC system in Longmont operating at its best performance while keeping utility consumption down. It also may even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few things you can finish on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and service.
Here are a few steps you can take on your own as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that entails a big portion of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temperatures approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the best time to get your AC unit freshened and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first hot day of the year can be risky. If you need service or installation, you might be waiting a long time for a technician. And that can turn awfully unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened cooling system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, AC maintenance might be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Service on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioner unit in the ultimate condition:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and could reduce your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn maintenance around the outdoor condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your system, since this could limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 303-647-5749, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your unit is switching on, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that involve additional service, we are prepared to offer you the most cost-effective solution. Finding likely issues in a timely manner could solve more substantial issues later. This also offers you time to strategize if your system is getting older.
When you are seeking a new AC system, our Experts will work with you to select the best equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to schedule your tune-up? Call us at 303-647-5749 or schedule an appointment online today.