Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your AC system in Longmont running at its top performance while keeping electricity consumption small. It also could even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few things you can complete on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are a few steps you can take on your own as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that involves a big portion of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps approaching, it’s also a great idea to include AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is a great time to get your AC equipment scrubbed and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you need service or a new unit, you might be waiting days for a tech. And that can become extremely unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning maintenance might be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioner unit in the prime condition:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and could lower your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep around the exterior condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, since this could impede airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 303-647-5749, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros start the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to eliminate any accumulation from dust and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your unit is turning on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that involve extra service, we are prepared to offer you the most economical choice. Uncovering likely issues in a timely manner could solve more substantial issues down the road. This also offers you time to strategize if your system is getting older.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will partner with you to select the ideal equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to schedule your checkup? Call us at 303-647-5749 or schedule an appointment online today.