It’s cold out there. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.