How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many vapors that could be in your Longmont residence. Natural gas and fumes that come from household fixtures, flooring and paints. Not one of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 303-647-5749 right away to get started protecting your loved ones against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?

Carbon monoxide may be a serious issue, so it’s not a matter to joke about.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you aren’t able to observe it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It’s nonirritating in low concentrations and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Fatal After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can get into your home during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how big the leak is and the circulation in a residence, carbon monoxide can become fatal in only a few minutes.

Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, you will need five hours to remove it from your system. You will need an additional five hours to cut that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mirror Other Illnesses

The gas could also cause illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Protect Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three precautions you can do to keep your home safe:

  1. Your home with at least one fuel-burning appliance, adjoined garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have a detector on every level of your residence, in addition to the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your house?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 303-647-5749 to buy one. Ask our techs about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you presently have a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly check or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and get a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system sounds, get out of your house immediately and call 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your loved ones can be safe from the hazardous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 303-647-5749 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.