Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioning abruptly breaks down. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a nightmare!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any issues? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts strongly suggest servicing it no less than once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, preventing potential concerns and lengthening its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time to get that done. This makes it possible for you to identify and repair potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to making the most out of cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An AC tune-up is a comprehensive process involving several steps. This is why DIY servicing is not recommended. Here are some key elements of the work performed during a routine service visit:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioning unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The HVAC specialist uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals recommend doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down correctly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners wonder if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your cooling system every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Improved air quality: A clean cooling system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, regular AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on premature replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To increase your savings, consider enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and spending plan. You’ll experience several benefits no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when arranging appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is very important for enhancing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with qualified professionals, complete maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.