Building a new residence? Upgrading your present unit? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may shortly come to the conclusion that you have more choices than you originally thought. Read through this info to help you compare four different solutions so you can choose the right air conditioner in Longmont.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the whole house. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run just like central air conditioners. Some models can also provide heat in the winter.
This might be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You live in a climate with mild weather during the winter.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, as opposed to a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet stays at an even 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be good for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your residence for the buried loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an inside blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This may be good for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You’re looking to add zoning to your home.
Still unsure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Depend on the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you pick the right one for your home. Please contact us at 303-647-5749 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate now.