Building a new house? Upgrading your current equipment? Regardless of why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may shortly learn you have more choices than you originally thought. Read through this info to help you compare four different solutions so you can choose the right air conditioner in Longmont.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking nearly silent, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run just like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also provide heat in the winter.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You live in a climate with mild weather during the winter.
- You want one piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, as opposed to a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t use (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet stays at an even 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this continuous source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your residence for the buried loops.
This is an additional style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This might be good for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate add-on to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You’re seeking to add zoning to your home.
Still unsure which kind of air conditioner you should purchase? Depend on the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you pick the right one for your budget. Please contact us at 303-647-5749 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate now.