Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many people in Longmont. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Longmont heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Longmont heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 303-647-5749 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Longmont heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a quick break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a breather as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Longmont temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a bit faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.