Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Longmont, you could be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to consider, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and increases comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A new air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the correct advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you install both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t often any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the best efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your yearly utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you might even be authorized for a special deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the price of replacing your total system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 303-647-5749 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.