Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Longmont, you may be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to consider, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A new air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your wallet if you get new units together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t often any big immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system stops working. You can avoid the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your yearly heating and cooling costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you might even be authorized for a discount because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the price of replacing your total system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 303-647-5749 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.