The Value of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature falls and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more and more, you should also reach for your phone to set up annual furnace maintenance. Being sure that your furnace operates at peak efficiency this winter boosts your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a closer look at what this crucial yearly task includes and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Does Furnace Maintenance Involve?
A maintenance visit is a surefire way to get your heating system up to par. Although the particular tasks depend on the type and age of your furnace, you can usually expect your technician to do the following:
- Examine and clean the burner: Over the years, dirt and debris can clog the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it maintains the best possible heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Making sure these valves are fully open and operating effectively is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Look over the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can result in carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s important to check that no cracks are present.
- Assess and tighten electrical components: Loose connections can make your HVAC unit dangerous and inefficient. Thankfully, tightening them is a fast and straightforward job.
- Clean the blower: A grimy blower has an effect on your furnace’s ability to move warm air around your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan makes certain that your home has appropriate airflow.
- Replace the air filter: Clean air filters allow appropriate airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a clogged air filter in your furnace. Installing a fresh, new air filter also increases indoor air quality if you choose an effective filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Regular Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still worthwhile to schedule a maintenance appointment? Consider these four reasons why the answer is a resounding “yes”:
- Decrease mid-season failures: Few things are more discouraging than waking up on a cold winter morning to find your furnace has stopped working. Mid-season breakdowns are stressful and can leave you scrambling to find a repairman. Annual furnace maintenance reduces the risk of unexpected problems because your heating specialist inspects every part of your system, catching minor issues before they grow into costly repairs.
- Reduced repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to repair. By investing in budget-friendly, planned maintenance visits, you can avoid expensive, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Lengthen your furnace’s service life: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives routine tune-ups will likely last longer than a neglected heating system. Annual maintenance helps prevent the expense of untimely furnace replacement by increasing your system’s life span.
- Raise energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system operates more efficiently. When all the parts are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your residence cozy. This lowers your heating bills and diminishes your environmental impact.
- Better indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air worsens allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace catches dust, pollen and other airborne particles to reduce these issues. During a maintenance appointment, the heating professional will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air circulates through your home.
- Promotes safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, there’s a chance it also might be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or broken gas valves can produce hazardous carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been examined for anything that could be dangerous should give you a secure feeling this winter.
What Time of Year Should You Set up Your Maintenance Visit?
To experience the most benefits, it’s best to arrange annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill arrives. This gives you time to make sure any issues are attended to before you need to rely heavily on your heating system.
DIY Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
Although professional maintenance is important, you can complete several tasks yourself so that your furnace runs smoothly between visits:
- Switch out the air filter every 30 to 90 days to increase airflow.
- Make sure all of your return and supply registers are open and free of obstructions for system balance.
- Vacuum the outside of the furnace with the brush attachment to make sure it stays clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance appointment, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a name you can rely on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting solutions to all your heating and cooling issues. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our customers and strive to make a significant difference in your lifestyle and sense of comfort. We even provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can feel even more comfortable. To set your heating system up for success this winter, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have transformed home comfort and made it possible to stay perfectly comfortable in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems provide a handy way to control the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Popular Heating Myths Debunked
There are many myths out there about home heating that lead to confusion and inefficient furnace usage. It’s time to clear up these common misconceptions. Here, the heating authorities at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing debunk the eight most common myths to keep your home... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to increase your home’s comfort than with easy and effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about maximizing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading