When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and grasp the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first think about trying the bottled water route. But of course, this gets pricey fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up damaging the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to make the most of the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but several of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.