Your HVAC system is vital to a sense of comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. A lot of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure a constant supply of healthy, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to request tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, consider these benefits:
- Expose minor problems right away: Issues with your HVAC equipment often develop little by little. When a technician inspects the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and fix little problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of breakdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable expense that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit grants peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing as intended.
- Protect your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance reduces the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you disappointed, the technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and work with our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.