How can I find carbon monoxide in my home?

Using a carbon monoxide detector in a central location is the recommended way to alert you of this deadly gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is lethal in heavy amounts.

A carbon monoxide detector is like a smoke alarm. It checks the air and sounds an alarm if carbon monoxide concentration is too high. If possible, you should use at least one detector by every living area, or on each floor in your house. These detectors are best installed when paired with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your equipment in the best condition and might help you avoid carbon monoxide in Longmont.