Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to start. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Longmont.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when run properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are operating correctly, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by booking regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.