Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by partial fuel combustion frequently caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not operating correctly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with extended exposure.