What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by partial fuel combustion frequently caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.