According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The typical cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Service Experts can help by guaranteeing you have a backflow assembly in place to prevent sewer backups. Many homeowners in Longmont don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and proficiency to handle everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or clog, be sure to contact us at 303-647-5749
the moment you notice a problem to evade as much, sometimes pricey, harm to your living space and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are disposing of waste the right way.
- Discarding grease down your drain will result in a buildup in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials excluding toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Service Experts today at 303-647-5749
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.