Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Longmont
You might not think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you count on it working correctly so your Longmont basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop draining for several different reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working like it should, call the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to determine the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit working for several different reasons:
- Power loss
- Lack of maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frozen or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is vertical and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when required.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump starts and pulls out the water quickly.
- During drought-like conditions, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of insurance to defend your home from water damage, look to the specialists at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to verify yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 303-647-5749 or schedule an appointment online.