Your sump pump is one of those things you may not remember until you need it—then you trust it’s running as it should. The good news is that the professionals at Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Longmont home.
Sump pumps can fail for a number of different reasons and we’ve possibly witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Service Experts a call to come out and explore your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance tricks to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or technically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our experts will examine your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any evidence of a possible issue, we’ll alert you immediately and go over your options.
It is vital to remember there are a few easy things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not tilting to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 303-647-5749
or request an appointment online.