When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s wants in Longmont. A tankless water heater is a good option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for use, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you won’t be paying for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continual supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it goes to the tap, where you then have hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—specifically for big homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to take on a handful of uses at once. One of our professionals will help you determine what your flow rate is and give you recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most homes in the Longmont area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be mounted on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you decrease the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Longmont home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 303-647-5749
or request an appointment with us online.